The recent Earthquake in New Zealand that was measured with magnitude 6.3 claimed a lot of lives, including 11 of our fellow Filipino nurses. They were presumed dead because their bodies were not yet found under the ruble of Canterbury Television Building in Christchurch City.
Earthquake happens daily, though we do not feel some of the tremors but Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology or Phivolcs records daily earthquake monitoring in the country. Did you know that a magnitude 5.7 quake hit the southern part of our country last week?
Unlike the weather, we cannot predict when will an earthquake strikes. Have you asked yourself how prepared are you for this natural calamity? Here are some useful information to get ready and be prepared.
1) Know the areas considered as earthquake hazards.
2) Check your house structures.
3) Avoid placing fragile things above your display cabinets at home.
4) Check your ceiling fans and chandeliers.
5) Be sure you have an emergency kit.