Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baguio, La Trinidad and Manaoag Adventures

I just got home from Baguio. Yes, we've been to Baguio in the midst of the cold days, it's 9.5 degrees Celsius when we reached the city and 10 degrees when we left.

We've visited the usual places like Burnham Park, Botanical Garden, Mine's View Park, Wright Park and The Mansion.

I was just sad to see the residential areas on the mountain, some houses were piled up like shanties. I'm sorry to say that. I believe that the city lacks in zoning for security reasons.

Remember when typhoon Ondoy strikes, Baguio was one of the badly affected. Houses in the mountainous areas were destructed like crap and those underneath were washed out by landslide and flash flood.

Anyway to cut the story short, we failed to visit Grotto because we headed on to the Bell Church and Strawberry Farm in La Trinidad, Benguet.

We had our Sunday Mass in Our Lady of Manaoag Church in Pangasinan. That was my first visit so I made a wish. Hope it comes true.

After the tiring weekend getaway, I went straight to work in the middle of the night...back to my normal life.

No comments: